QESH Meeting Minutes– October 11th 2016
Quality Environmental Safety and Health Management Board (QESH)
Minutes of 11 October 2016
Details (action items in bold)
- Meeting called to order by Co-Chairs Tim Brorson, Sean Goulden, and JD Brown at 1300.
- Group discussed;
- New local Standard Item Changes. Still waiting on final issue through the contracting arm of PSNS.
- Send out draft copies of LSI-Comments from team. Need key point for input from subcontractors.
- Hot work / Cold Work permit standardization. Copies provided to Ship Fire Marshall waiting on response. Verbal commitment of agreement was satisfactory for permit but still under review and awaiting on additional feedback from Fire Marshall and subcontractors
- Look to streamline CHMI form from C/106-Some possible changes- Looking to change form to just C/106 Rep as there have been many stand-ins for C/106 which makes communication with 1 rep difficult and potentially can cause work delays
- Incorporate the use of minimal CHMI’s submittals from AIT subs and MSMO subs as most of the same material is used as standard as this would be doubling up paperwork, response waiting time for approval due to different contract numbers
- HW permit-looking to standardize as to eliminate all types of forms which may cause confusion and to keep the same on all work items & Jobs
- Group discussed; what is intent of issuance of new policy, what are benefits, does new process offer improvement, process has several areas that are redundant and seems to be quite cumbersome. Group recommended that the key members (ESH from each respective company) conduct meeting to evaluate and provide feedback.
- Action items as a result of working group;
- PAI-Brief-RMC development update
- Hot work CHIT templates sent to subcontractors
- Evaluate and consider whether working group / committee should be initiated after current drafts of the VSRA Permit are reviewed
- Current VSRA Hot work Permit attached.
UPCOMING MEETINGS / EVENTS
11/08/2016 – 1300: PSSRA QESH Meeting at NASSCO-Bremerton. 423 Pacific Ave, Suite 200.