QESH Meeting Minutes– July 12th 2016
Quality Environmental Safety and Health Management Board (QESH)
Minutes of 12 July 2016
Details (action items in bold)
- Meeting called to order by Co-Chairs Tim Brorson and JD Brown at 1300.
- Reviewed QESH meeting minutes from 14 June 2016. Members approved minutes as written.
- Group discussed;
- New local Standard Item Changes. Ron Hampton discussed upcoming changes to SI 099-001 through 099-008 (ESH related). Goal is to remove duplicity in PNW SI from items already covered by NSSI. ECD for issuance is 7/31/16. Tim Brorson discussed the code 400 local Standard Items. Questions from group included; how will these be released, what is the review process, how will distribution be administered, will release come out from Contracts (i.e. Fed Bus Ops notice). Committee will post to PSSRA – QESH website once issued / approved.
- Richard Van Doren provided group with handouts and led discussion about “Chrome VI” developments with direct-reading instruments for the measurement of hexavalent chromium during stainless steel welding.
- Industry Day review and lessons learned.
- Hot work / Cold Work permit standardization. Received input / comments from PCE. Request other members review and provide input to Robert Dearing. Group discussed; what is intent of issuance of new policy, what are benefits, does new process offer improvement, process has several areas that are redundant and seems to be quite cumbersome. Group recommended that the key members (ESH from each respective company) conduct meeting to evaluate and consider whether working group / committee should be initiated. Robert to schedule meeting.
- Monthly CNRMC / Industry Teleconference Brief.
- Ron Hampton discussed recent electrical shock incident at PSNS near pier bravo wharf quay wall. Very significant event.
UPCOMING MEETINGS / EVENTS
8/9/2016 – 1300: PSSRA QESH Meeting at NASSCO-Bremerton. 423 Pacific Ave, Suite 200.