QESH Meeting Minutes – October 13th 2015
Quality Environmental Safety and Health Management Board (QESH)
Minutes of 13 October 2015
- Meeting called to order by Co-Chairs Tim Brorson, JD Brown, and Robert Dearing at 1300.
- Reviewed QESH meeting minutes from August 11, 2015. Members approved minutes as written.
- Introduced NASSCO Norfolk ESH Director – Dawn Kriz.
- Group discussed;
- PCP Working Group provided progress update. PCP template was sent to c/132 for review. ECD for completion of review is 10/23/15.
- Local Standard Items (LSI). Robert to send to PSSRA Administrator for posting to website (sent 10/15/15).
- CHMI. Discussed sorting by NSN. IMIA reported that they received in NSN format w/ latest submission.
- Investigation, Cause Determination, and Corrective Action Development. Tim provided hand out and provided group discussion. Dawn identified Norfolk has standardized template for “Incident Reporting and Cause Determination” training. Robert to obtain and provide at next meeting.
- Weld / NDT KSN. Next meeting to be held in November (Wednesday 11/18/15 – NASSCO Delta Trailers Conference Room). Please submit topics in order for c/132 to prepare.
Group discussed meeting minutes from September 11, 2015 which included discussion on;
- Joint Designs,
- MIL STD 22D
- Throat Thickness
- Butt joints
- Inspection attributes
- NAVSEA Letter (1992) for submission of information when welding HY100 with 11018 filler materials
- AUL’s. Paul asked if there is possibility to get updated AUL. Ron Hampton (c106.3) identified that data base is behind firewall and he would see if it could be moved for contractor access.
- NMD – QA functions. Tim discussed CNRMC plan to implement QA portions of NMD (CAR / TIP / Call outs). CNRMC anticipated “roll out” is Jan 2016 but this is dependent on development of XML interface to allow contractors to transfer data from companies programs into NMD. Tim requested feedback from members pertaining to issues they might have with implementation.
- QESH Goals. Mark recommended that as the committee achieves goals that we prepare and submit to “PSNS Salute” to share our accomplishments.
- Workload Sustainment. Group discussed PNW workload sustainment and how it affects training for the shipyard industry.
- Action items as a result of working group;
- PSSRA to post Local Standard Items to website.
- Members submit topics to JD NLT 11/11/15 for Weld / NDT KSN
11/10/2015 – 1300: QESH Monthly Meeting. NASSCO – 423 Pacific Ave, Suite 200 Bremerton WA, 98337
11/18/2015 – 1300: Weld / NDT KSN – Topic; TBD, NASSCO – Pier Delta Conference Room