Center of Excellence for Marine Manufacturing & Technology » Supporting Members
Center of Excellence for Marine Manufacturing & TechnologyCenter of Excellence for Marine Manufacturing & Technology
The Northwest Center of Excellence for Marine Manufacturing & Technology is located at Skagit Valley College in Anacortes, Washington. The Washington State Centers of Excellence serve as statewide liaisons to business, industry, labor and education for the purpose of creating a highly skilled and readily available workforce critical to the success of the industries driving the state’s economy and supporting Washington families. The Center works to successfully address the following expectations:
- Ensure the efficient use of state resources for workforce development activities and initiatives by fostering a culture of cooperation within the Community and Technical College system.
- Provide leadership by representing the Washington Community and Technical College system, local businesses and industry in state, national, and international industry specific forums, activities, and economic development initiatives.
- Serve as a resource for the creation and sharing of model curricula, educational pathways, degree/certificate programs, industry specific standards, and best practices.
- Demonstrate excellence in communication and collaboration while fostering synergistic interconnectedness of Washington’s economic, workforce development, and educational systems.
- Ensure the long-term sustainability of the Center of Excellence.
The Center is dedicated to building a world-renowned marine industry through training and curriculum that can be shared throughout the community and technical college system, the development of a highly skilled workforce, and continually improving processes and practices through outreach and collaboration.